With spring weather (hopefully) fast approaching, now is a great time to do some spring maintenance on your vehicle. We are thrilled to announce that we are now open for General Automotive Repairs and our ASE-certified automotive technician is available to service all of your repair and maintenance needs!
After what has seemed like an endless winter, Spring Cleaning is on everyone’s mind, yet drivers often overlook their vehicles when this time of year rolls around. AAA roadside service estimates that they help upwards of 9 million stranded motorists during the summer months-don’t become one of them! Here are a few of the things you may want to consider doing as the warm weather approaches:
- Clean and Unload Your Car: Clear your car of all of the debris that tends to accumulate in the winter months-chains, scrapers and brushes, salt/gravel, random leftover holiday fruitcakes, and the miscellaneous clutter that just seems to multiply throughout the winter. If you haven’t regularly washed and waxed your vehicle (and the undercarriage) now is a great time to do so-the salt used on our roads can cause major damage if not cleaned off.
- Check the battery: Winter is tough on all starting components like the starter and alternator, so your battery has to work that much harder and can become drained. Signs of a weak battery include dimming headlights and interior lights, and power windows that take longer to go up and down.
- Check the brakes: Winter weather and road salt can lead to corrosion of brake parts, and your brakes get an especially hard workout in slick and icy conditions. Your brakes are the #1 safety concern on your vehicle, so have them inspected to make sure they are in good working order.
- Inspect the tires: Tire pressure should always be checked when the vehicle is cold. Look for worn treads, uneven wear, cracks, and dry rot.
- Have belts and hoses checked by a certified technician: A broken belt or hose can cause problems ranging from the loss of power steering to an overheating engine.
- Have the Air Conditioning system tested.
- Inspect all lights and bulbs.
- Check wiper blades: Spring tends to bring considerable rain, so make sure these are in good working order.
- Replace oil and filters as needed.
From simple oil changes to complex repairs, we are your one-stop-shop to get your vehicle ready for the season ahead!